AWSF | Tax Credit Program
By re-directing your tax dollars, you can give the precious and lifelong gift of a Waldorf education.
Re-direct your Arizona State tax dollars to support scholarships.
Online contributions are processed securely through PayPal. No account is required.
How much can you claim?
- The maximum ‘Original Tax Credit’ amount that may be claimed for tax year 2015 is $535 for single, unmarried head of household and married filing separate filers and $1,070 for married filing joint filers.
An ‘Original Tax Credit’ contribution to private school tuition organizations is claimed by the individual taxpayer on Form 323.
DOUBLE your tax credit by also claiming the Switcher Credit!
- When you give the maximum amount to the Original Tax Credit, you can now claim a ‘Switcher Credit’ and give up to another $532 for single, unmarried head of household and married filing separate, and $1,064 for married filing jointly.
A ‘Switcher Tax Credit’ contribution to private school tuition organizations is claimed by the individual taxpayer on Form 348.
- If you have the tax liability to claim both credits, you may then contribute up to a total of $1,067 for single filers and $2,34 for married filing jointly (by claiming both the Original and the Switcher tax credits)
How does it work? Click here for a brochure with FAQ about the program
Your tax credit contribution is subtracted directly from your income tax withheld or owed to the state. Your contribution literally costs you nothing. If you expect a refund, your refund will increase by the amount you contribute to AWSF. Conversely, if you owe, you will decrease what you owe by the amount you contribute. Your contribution to the Arizona Waldorf Scholarship Foundation (AWSF) supports scholarships to help qualifying students attend the Tucson Waldorf School, where they will experience an integrated curriculum that addresses their physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual development. Please contribute your entire State Tax Credit to the Arizona Waldorf Scholarship Foundation (make checks payable to AWSF).
Resources & Tools for Parents and Donors
- Download the AWSF Brochure with FAQ’s and a built-in contribution form
- Download just the AWSF Contribution form.
- Guide on how you can save on your child’s tuition by raising funds for AWSF.
- Guidelines on writing a recommendation letter for a specific student.
A school tuition organization cannot award, restrict, or reserve scholarships solely on the basis of donor recommendation. A taxpayer may not claim a tax credit if the taxpayer agrees to swap donations with another taxpayer to benefit either taxpayer’s own dependent.