Capital Campaign & River Bend Campus
We are proud to announce the launch of our school’s capital campaign for the River Bend Campus Expansion. The River Bend land was purchased for $1.9 million in 2008 with the generous gifts of a small group of donors. Since that time the school has been engaged in the process of creating a vision for this unique and bountiful property. See the four phases of the project.
The long-term vision for River Bend includes the building of new classrooms for the early childhood program and the grades school, as well as administration, specialty classrooms, play yards,and a state-of-the-art performance center.
The Tucson Waldorf School exists today because of the hard work and vision of the school founders, a dedicated faculty, and the many parents and children who have walked through the gates over the years and shared their time, talent and treasure.
The Phase I fundraising goal for the River Bend Capital Campaign is $3.2 million, $2 million of which has already been raised. With your help, we feel confident we will reach our goal.
Why do we need a new campus?
1. To provide adequate classroom space for growing enrollment. The school is currently running at 90% facility capacity, with no room for growth.
2. To improve the quality and utility of classrooms and other school spaces. We need larger classrooms and ample storage facilities.
3. To provide adequate work and gathering spaces for faculty and administration. Faculty members currently have no offices for faculty meetings and continuing education.
4. To provide large outdoor spaces for performances, graduations, festivals and safe spaces for children of different ages.
5. Sustainability education using features such as water harvesting, solar and wind energy, and desert landscaping.
If you’d like to make a gift to the Capital Campaign, please contact our Development Director at 520.529.1032 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.