Please Support the Waldorf Fund
Tuition only covers a portion of the cost of a Waldorf education. As an independent school, we design our own programs and curriculum, operate without federal or state support, and are self-governed. Tucson Waldorf School relies on philanthropy to fulfill our mission and cover the gap in operating expenses. Help to cover the gap so we can grow as a school.
Goals: $70,000 and 100% participation
The Tucson Waldorf School Annual Fund is designed to provide support for teacher’s salaries, operational costs, pedagogical materials and professional development opportunities for the faculty.
“We have much more power than perhaps we realize to direct our financial resources in ways that support, empower, and express what we believe in. It takes courage to direct the flow, but with each choice we invest in the world as we envision it.” – Lynne Twist
Tucson Waldorf School welcomes gifts of all types:
- Cash – Consider making a monthly pledge – please call 520.529.1032 to set this up in a matter of minutes. Gifts of cash, check, or credit card are warmly welcome. You may securely make your donation online.
- Gifts of Stock – If you contribute appreciated securities to Tucson Waldorf School, you receive a two-fold income tax benefit: a charitable deduction for the present fair market value and no capital gains tax on the appreciation. Please contact Development Office at (520) 529-1032 ext. 12 for information needed to transfer stock to Tucson Waldorf School.
- Matching Gifts - Talk with your employer about their matching gift program. They may be able to help you double or triple the amount of your contribution!
- Tribute Gifts - Gifts made in honor or memory of a student, faculty member, family member, or friend are gratefully accepted and acknowledged at Tucson Waldorf School.
- Bequests – Remembering Tucson Waldorf School in your will through a charitable bequest reduces the amount of your estate that is subject to estate tax.
- Charitable Trusts – When you create a charitable remainder trust, you guarantee a gift to Tucson Waldorf School in the future. In return, you receive both an annual income from the assets you use to fund the trust and an immediate tax deduction. A charitable lead trust works the opposite way. Tucson Waldorf School receives an annual income stream from the trust assets for a period of time, then the remainder goes to your heirs. Tucson Waldorf School gift year ends June 30, but you may want to contribute by December 31 to take advantage of current year tax benefits.
Tucson Waldorf School was founded in 1993, is a developing member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA), and is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit corporation.
Tax ID: 86-0729122.