A note from the Parent and Child Class Director
Welcome to the world of songs and play, of friends and food – a world of beauty where parents are relaxed and supported, questions are answered, ideas are shared and children are free to move, explore and engage. I look forward to meeting you.
Parent and Child Classes at Tucson Waldorf School provide an opportunity to support your child’s development and make lasting connections with other families in a class facilitated by a Waldorf-trained teacher. Quail’s Nest gives you and your little one a peaceful, home-like environment carefully arranged for creative play. For the very young child, Quail’s Nest is also the perfect preparation for Waldorf education and the transition to Nursery and Kindergarten.
- Meet other parents with similarly-aged children.
- Engage in seasonal crafts, stories, circle time, rhymes, and play (indoor and outdoor).
- Learn new songs and games with your child that support speech and language development.
- Discover new tips for parenting and caregiving.
- Deepen your knowledge of early childhood development with valuable parenting articles and handouts.
Quail’s Nest Rhythm
- Free play/Activity
- Clean up
- Circle including songs, finger plays, and puppet play
- Outside time
- Goodbye song
The Tucson Waldorf School offers two sessions of Quail’s Nest for the current school year. Families may join at any time as space allows and tuition for the semester is prorated from the start date.
Classes are offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:30am to 10:15am and from 10:45am to 12:30pm. Each class meets once a week. Most sessions are 16-19 weeks long depending on the holiday schedule. Class placement is based on your child’s age and available space in the program. Families typically stay in the same class for the year once attendance begins.
Tuition is $18 per class, paid on a semester basis and payment may be made in full upon enrollment or in two installments. There is a materials fee of $35 per session. As with all school enrollment, there is no make-up or refund for missed classes.