Parent and Child Class
Quail’s Nest – Infants to age 2 1/2
A note from the Parent and Child Class Director
Welcome to the world of songs and play, of friends and food – a world of beauty where parents are relaxed and supported, where questions are answered, ideas are shared and children are free to move, explore and engage. I look forward to meeting you to tell you all about our parent-child classes, or you can find more information below.
Kim Lewis | Parent-Child Class Director
Parent and Child Classes at Tucson Waldorf School provide an opportunity to support your child’s development and make lasting connections with other families in a class facilitated by a Waldorf-trained teacher. Quail’s Nest gives you and your little one a peaceful, home-like environment carefully arranged for creative play. Quail’s Nest is also the perfect preparation for the very young child for Waldorf education and the transition to Nursery and Kindergarten.
- Meet other parents with similarly-aged children.
- Engage in seasonal crafts, stories, circle time, singing and rhymes, and play (indoor and outdoor). Visit the garden and the chickens.
- Learn new songs and games with your child that support speech and language development.
- Discover new tips for parenting and care-giving.
- Deepen your knowledge of early childhood development with valuable parenting articles and handouts.
Quail’s Nest Rhythm
- Gather, remove shoes
- Free play, activity
- Clean up, prepare table for snack
- Eat snack together
- Clean snack dishes
- Songs, games and verses in circle
- Garden time
- Simple story
- Good-bye song, depart
2013 Session Schedule
Session 1: Week of Aug 25 – October 14 (8 weeks)
Session 2: Week of Oct 21- Dec. 16 (8 weeks)
Session 3: Week of Jan 6 – March 3 (closed week of Feb. 17th) (8 weeks)
Session 4: Week of March 10 – May 5 (closed week of Apr. 14th) (8 weeks)
Session 5: Week of May 12 – June 23 (7 weeks)
Schedule and Fees
- Each 8-week session is $120.
- Materials fee is $10 per session.
- Fees are pro-rated when you join mid-session.