Parent and Child Class
Quail’s Nest – Infants to age 2 1/2
A note from the Parent and Child Class Director
Welcome to the world of songs and play, of friends and food – a world of beauty where parents are relaxed and supported, where questions are answered, ideas are shared and children are free to move, explore and engage. I look forward to meeting you to tell you all about our parent-child classes, or you can find more information below.
Kim Lewis, Parent-Child Class Director
Parent and Child Classes at Tucson Waldorf School provide an opportunity to support your child’s development and make lasting connections with other families in a weekly two-hour class facilitated by a teacher. Quail’s Nest gives you and your little one a peaceful, home-like environment carefully arranged for creative play. Quail’s Nest is also the perfect preparation for the very young child for Waldorf education and the transition to Nursery and Kindergarten.
- Meet other parents with similarly-aged children.
- Engage in seasonal crafts, stories, circle time, singing and rhymes, and play (indoor and outdoor).
- Learn new songs and games with your child that support speech and language development.
- Discover new tips for parenting and care-giving.
- Deepen your knowledge of early childhood development with valuable parenting articles and handouts.
Quail’s Nest Rhythm
- 9:00 Gathering, remove shoes
- 9:05 Free play, activity
- 9:40 Clean-up, prepare table for snack
- 9:50 Snack together
- 10:10 Clean snack dishes
- 10:20 Songs, games and verses in circle
- 10:30 Garden time
- 10:55 Simple story
- 11:00 Good-bye song, depart
2013 Session Schedule
Summer Session: June – every Friday a.m.
Schedule and Fees
- Each 8-week session is $120.
- Materials fee is $10 per session.
- Fees are pro-rated when you join mid-session.