Tucson Waldorf School (TWS) is an independent school and as such, we design our own programs and curriculum, operate without federal or state support, and are self-governed. An important goal of Tucson Waldorf School is that families of all income levels may attend this dynamic school. Financial assistance resources are available to all students who are enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 8. These resources include various forms of direct aid, in addition to support from Arizona Waldorf Scholarship Foundation (AWSF). Waldorf education: The greatest gift you can give to your child.
We strive to make Waldorf education available to all. Click 2017 2018 Tuition One Sheet for printable version of tuition and fees. Tuition assistance options are below.
Materials and building fees are now part of annual tuition and eligible for tuition assistance.
10 month payment period begins in August and goes through May.
12 month payment period begins in June prior to each school year.
|12:30pm pick up||$3,784||$378||$315|
|3:30pm pick up||$4,782||$478||$399|
|5:30pm pick up||$5,447||$545||$454|
|12:30pm pick up||$5,509||$551||$459|
|3:30pm pick up||$7,029||$703||$586|
|5:30pm pick up||$7,979||$798||$665|
|12:30pm pick up||$7049||$705||$588|
|3:30pm pick up||$9,234||$923||$770|
|5:30pm pick up||$10,564||$1,056||$880|
|12:30pm pick up||$5,327||$533||$444|
|3:30pm pick up||$6,847||$685||$571|
|5:30pm pick up||$7,797||$780||$650|
|12:30pm pick up||$6,826||$683||$569|
|3:30pm pick up||$9,011||$901||$751|
|5:30pm pick up||$10,341||$1,034||$862|
Tuition Assistance Options
The Tucson Waldorf School is committed to a tuition program that helps all families realize their goal of providing an independent Waldorf Education for their children. We strive to make Waldorf Education available to all. To that end, we work with Arizona Waldorf Scholarship Foundation (AWSF) to award low-income scholarships:
- Needs Based Tuition Assistance: Tuition assistance awarded by AWSF is based on total family income, and is available for Grades and 5-day Kindergarten programs (Kindergarten children must be 5 by September 1st, 2016). To apply for tuition assistance, please go to TADS at www.tads.com.
- Non-Needs Based through AWSF: Families also have the opportunity to raise tuition through AWSF which allows Arizona State taxpayers to recommend a portion of their taxes directly to a child’s tuition at TWS. (AWSF funds can only be applied to grades and 5-day Kindergarten programs– Kindergarten children must be 5 by September 1st).
- Sibling Discount We offer a sibling discount of 10% off tuition for the second child enrolled in our school. This discount increases to 30% for the third child and any additional siblings.
Application and Enrollment
- New Applicants: There is a non-refundable fee of $100 per child due at the time of application.
- Currently Enrolled Families: The early enrollment fee is $50 for returning students. After the early enrollment period, the re-enrollment fee for all returning students is $100.
Tuition may be paid in full, semi-annually, over a 9 month or 12 month payment schedule. All payments will be made through TADS at www.tads.com. There is a $500 non-refundable deposit due with signed financial agreement by March 31st. This deposit is reduced to $250 for families applying for tuition assistance and will be due 15 days after notification of award. The non-refundable deposit will be applied to the gross annual tuition.
Parent Council Fee
The PC fee is $25 per family. Please see Parent Council section in handbook.
Materials Fee (per student)
First grade Pentatonic flute $70
Third grade Diatonic flute $80
Fifth grade Pentathlon Approximately $75
Sixth grade Medieval Games Approximately $75
Sixth grade Soprano Flute $18
Before-care is available from 7:30 to 8:30am for early childhood through grade 2 with sign-in required at the North entrance. Before-care for grades 3-8 is offered from 7:45 to 8:30am with sign-in at the South entrance. Extended Day is offered until 5:30pm Monday through Friday. The Extended Day fee is $7.00 per hour assessed by the ¼ hour from the time of dismissal until pick-up.
*Please note there is a $1 per minute charge if you pick your child up after the 5:30pm closure.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY The Tucson Waldorf Education Association, Inc. Tucson Waldorf School welcomes students of any race, color, orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, tuition assistance, and other school-administered programs.