Tuition and Fees
Tuition assistance options available below
Tucson Waldorf School (TWS) is an independent school and as such, we design our own programs and curriculum, operate without federal or state support, and are self-governed. An important goal of Tucson Waldorf School is that families of all income levels may attend this dynamic school. Financial assistance resources are available to all students who are enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 8. These resources include various forms of direct aid, in addition to support from Arizona Waldorf Scholarship Foundation.
Waldorf education: The greatest gift you can give to your child.
We strive to make Waldorf education available to all. Click here for printable version of tuition and fees. Tuition assistance options are below.
Materials and building fees are now part of annual tuition and eligible for tuition assistance.
12 month payment period begins in June prior to each school year
Tuition Assistance Options
The Tucson Waldorf School is committed to a tuition program that helps all families realize their goal of providing an independent Waldorf Education for their children. We strive to make Waldorf Education available to all. To that end, we offer the following:
- Tuition Assistance: Tuition assistance is based on total family income, and is available for Grades and 5-day Kindergarten programs (Kindergarten children must be 5 by September 1st, 2016). To apply for tuition assistance, please go to TADS at www.tads.com.
- AWSF: Families also have the opportunity to raise tuition through the Arizona Waldorf Scholarship Foundation which allows Arizona State taxpayers to recommend a portion of their taxes directly to a child’s tuition at TWS. (AWSF funds can only be applied to grades and 5-day Kindergarten programs– Kindergarten children must be 5 by September 1st, 2016).
- Sibling Discount We offer a sibling discount of 10% off tuition for the second child enrolled in our school. This discount increases to 30% for the third child and any additional siblings.
- DES: Department of Economic Security (DES) funding is available for families who qualify for DES childcare for the early childhood program.
Application and Re-enrollment
- New Applicants: There is a non-refundable fee of $100 per child due at the time of application.
- Currently Enrolled Families: The early re-enrollment fee is $50 for returning students. After the early re-enrollment period, the re-enrollment fee for all returning students is $100.
Tuition may be paid in full, semi-annually, over a 9 month or 12 month payment schedule. All payments will be made through TADS at www.tads.com. There is a $500 non-refundable deposit due with signed financial agreement by March 31st. This deposit is reduced to $250 for families applying for tuition assistance and will be due 15 days after notification of award. The non-refundable deposit will be applied to the gross annual tuition.
Parent Council Fee
The PC fee is $25 per family. Please see Parent Council section in handbook.
Materials Fee (per student)
First grade Pentatonic flute $60
Third grade Diatonic flute $80
Fifth grade Pentathlon Approximately $75
Sixth grade Medieval Games Approximately $75
Sixth grade Soprano Flute $20
Before-care is available from 7:30 – 8:30 am for early childhood through grade 2 with sign-in required at the North entrance. Before-care for grades 3-8 is offered from 7:45 to 8:30 am with sign-in at the South entrance. Extended Day is offered until 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Grades Extended Day fee is assessed by the ¼ hour from the time of dismissal until pick-up. Early Childhood Extended Day rates are listed below.
Grades Extended Day Fees: $6.00 per hour
Early Childhood Extended Care Fees:
|Early morning Care: Prior to 8:30||$45|
|Early Afternoon: 12:30-3pm(Pick up after 2:00pm)||5 day $220
4 day $200
3 day $150
2 day $100
1 day $50
|Late Afternoon:12:30-5:30pm||5 day $350
4 day $330
3 day $245
2 day $165
1 day $80
|Drop In: There will be a very limited number of drop in slots each day||$25 per day|
|*Please note there is a $1 per minute charge for over contracted time (either 3:00pm for early afternoon or 5:30 for Late afternoon)|
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY The Tucson Waldorf Education Association, Inc. dba Tucson Waldorf School welcomes students of any race, color, orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, tuition assistance, and other school-administered programs.