Tuition and Fees
Tuition assistance options available below
Tucson Waldorf School (TWS) is an independent school and as such, we design our own programs and curriculum, operate without federal or state support, and are self-governed. An important goal of Tucson Waldorf School is that families of all income levels may attend this dynamic school. Financial assistance resources are available to all students who are enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 8. These resources include various forms of direct aid, in addition to support from Arizona Waldorf Scholarship Foundation.
Waldorf education: The greatest gift you can give to your child.
We strive to make Waldorf education available to all. Tuition assistance options are below.
Materials and building fees are now part of annual tuition and eligible for tuition assistance.
12 month payment period begins in June prior to each school year
Tuition Assistance Options
Tuition assistance is based on total family income and is available for families enrolled in Grades and 5-day Kindergarten programs (Kindergarten children must be five years old by September 1, 2014). To apply for any tuition assistance options at TWS, you must first complete an application with TADS:
NEW! Corporate Funded Scholarships – from Arizona Leadership Foundation
Visit www.arizonaleader.org to download your application.
There are two eligibility requirements:
- Income limits AND
- You must meet ONE of the following eligibility criteria:
- Student attended an AZ public school as a full-time student for at least 90 days of the prior fiscal year or one full semester and then transferred from the public school to a private school; OR
- Is enrolling in a private school kindergarten; OR
- Is enrolling in a private preschool program for students with disabilities: OR
- Is a dependent of a member of the armed forces of the United States who is stationed in Arizona pursuant to military orders; OR
- Received for any year a scholarship under one of the above criteria OR from the original individual tax credit program or the switcher individual tax credit program if the child continued to attend a private school in subsequent years.
Raise your own tuition through the Arizona Waldorf Scholarship Foundation (AWSF) which allows taxpayers to direct a portion of their taxes directly to a child’s tuition at TWS. AWSF funds may be applied to grades and 5-day Kindergarten programs. Kindergarten children must be five years old by September 1st to be eligible. Learn more about AWSF here.
We offer a sibling discount of 10% off tuition for the second child enrolled. This discount increases to 30% for the third child and any additional siblings.
Department of Economic Security (DES)
Funding is available for families who qualify for DES childcare for the early childhood program.
Application and Re-enrollment
- New Applicants: There is a non-refundable fee of $100 per child due at the time of application.
- Currently Enrolled Families: This fee is reduced to $50 during the two-week early re-enrollment period.
Tuition may be paid in full, semi-annually, over a 10-month or 12-month payment schedule. All payments will be made through TADS. There is a $500 non-refundable deposit due with signed financial agreement by March 15. The deposit is reduced to $250 for families applying for tuition assistance and will be due 15 days after notification of award. The deposit will be applied to the gross annual tuition.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY: The Tucson Waldorf Education Association, Inc. Tucson Waldorf School welcomes students of any race, color, orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, tuition assistance, and other school-administered programs.