A note from the Parent and Child Class Director
Welcome to a calm and joyful journey through free play, movement, engagement and exploration. Each morning will bring seasonal songs, stories, and simple crafts, as well as a warm snack for parents and children shared in community. In addition, parents will find an environment of warmth and companionship to bring their observations and questions. I look forward to spending time with you.
*** Our Fall 2022 Quail’s Nest program is at capacity and we have implemented a waiting pool. You are welcome to submit an application for this waiting pool and we will update if space becomes available. ***
(Setup code if needed to register: AVUNM-IHN )
Parent and Child Classes at Tucson Waldorf School provide an opportunity to support your child’s development and make lasting connections with other families in a class facilitated by a Waldorf-trained teacher. Quail’s Nest gives you and your little one a peaceful, home-like environment carefully arranged for creative play. For the very young child, Quail’s Nest is also the perfect preparation for Waldorf education and the transition to early childhood program.
What to expect in the Quail’s Nest:
- An opportunity for you and your child to experience warmth, connection and community with families of similarly-aged children.
- Engage in seasonal crafts, stories, circle time, and play (indoor and outdoor) that encourage large and fine motor development, balance and other sensory skills.
- Learn new songs and games with your child that support speech and language development.
- Gain trust in yourself as a parent, and in the innate and perfect unfolding capacities of your child in a safe and nurturing space.
- Learn more about the principles of Waldorf Early Childhood Education and how they so beautifully meet your little ones in their early years of development while finding ways to incorporate Waldorf principles in your home.
- Deepen your knowledge of early childhood development with valuable discussions about articles and handouts.
Quail’s Nest Rhythm
- Gather outside and play
- Snack outside
- Inside free play and crafts
- Clean up
- Circle including songs, finger plays, and puppet play
- Goodbye song
The Tucson Waldorf School offers two sessions of Quail’s Nest for the current school year. The Fall session runs from mid-August through December and the Spring session begins in January and ends in May. Families may join at any time as space allows and tuition for the semester is prorated from the start date.
Classes are offered on Monday and Tuesday from 8:45-10:30 a.m., 10:45a.m. -12:30 p.m., and Thursday 8:45-10:30 a.m.. Each class meets once a week. Most sessions are 15-17 weeks long depending on the holiday schedule. Class placement is based on your child’s age and available space in the program. Families typically stay in the same class for the year once attendance begins.
Tuition is $25 per class, paid on a semester basis and payment may be made in full upon enrollment or in two installments. There is a materials fee of $35 per session. As with all school enrollment, there is no make-up or refund for missed classes.