Waldorf Education: The greatest gift you can give your child.
Tucson Waldorf School (TWS) is an independent, non-profit, tuition-based school. The school operates without federal or state funding so that Faculty may design programs and curriculum, and be self-governed. Scholarship assistance resources are available to families of all income levels whose children are enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 8. Scholarship assistance details below.
Tuition may be paid in one or two installments or parents may select monthly option.
Monthly Payment Option
(12 months or 10 months)
12 month payment period begins in June and goes through May. 10 month payment period begins in August and goes through May. Please note, this reflects the annual tuition divided by 12 or 10 and figures are rounded. Actual monthly billing may vary slightly.
12 Month Plan
|10 Month Plan|
|12:30pm pick up||$6,792||$549||$659|
|3:30pm pick up||$8,568||$697||$837|
|5:30pm pick up||$9,678||$790||$948|
|12:30pm pick up||$8,691||$708||$849|
|3:30pm pick up||$11,243||$920||$1104|
|5:30pm pick up||$12,797||$1,050||$1260|
|12 Month Plan||10 Month Plan|
*Annual Tuition for Grade 8 includes the grade 8 educational trip cost of $900, which is payable with ESA or tax credits.
Sibling Discount: We offer a sibling discount of 10% off tuition for the second child enrolled in our school. This discount increases to 30% for the third child and any additional siblings.
Additional Fees: There is an annual Parent Council fee of $25 per family and a Technology Software Fee of $70 per student. Additional fees per grade: Fifth-grade Pentathlon Approximately $85, Sixth grade Medieval Games Approximately $185. If you choose to use Grades Extended Day the charge is $7 per hour billed only for time used at the end of the month.
ESA, Scholarship Assistance, & Raise Your Own Tuition:
- Arizona Tuition Connection: 480‐409‐4106 | Tucson Waldorf School Portal at Arizona Tuition Connection www.arizonatuitionconnection.com
Arizona Tuition Connection offers many resources to families including coaching sessions to simplify the tax credit process by providing you with the information and tools to be successful in getting your child’s tuition paid for through recommended tax credits. Arizona Tuition Connection also provides a customized donor web page for your family as well as free customized donor brochures with an image of your choice on the front and your child’s name pre-filled on the Student Recommendation line of the donor form.
- Raise your own tuition through Arizona Tuition Connection: Families have the opportunity to raise their own tuition with recommended tax credits processed through Arizona Tuition Connection. The Arizona Private School Tax Credit Program allows Arizona State taxpayers to recommend a portion of their taxes directly to a child’s tuition at Tucson Waldorf School. Direct your tax credit here for Tucson Waldorf School or an individual student. An application on file with Arizona Tuition Connection is needed to receive tax credits directed to your student at Tucson Waldorf School. You can apply here.
- Needs-Based Tuition Assistance for Tucson Waldorf School families through Arizona Tuition Connection: Needs-based scholarships are awarded to current and newly admitted students on the basis of demonstrated need, as determined by factors such as income and family size. Parents applying for needs based tuition assistance are encouraged to attend a Scholarship Coaching Session to learn how to raise your own tuition. Please note, you won’t know if you qualify unless you apply. The needs based scholarships are funded through tax credits recommended to the Tucson Waldorf School (without an individual student recommendation). Families are encouraged to direct their personal tax credit to Tucson Waldorf School. As a reminder, it is prohibited by state law for your own tax credit to to benefit your child or to swap tax credits with another family or families.
- Empowerment Scholarship Account Program: The Empowerment Scholarship Account Program is a new state-funded program that does the following –
- Expands educational opportunities for eligible students outside of the public school system
- Provides public funding that can be used for a wide variety of educational expenses
- Pays for private school tuition, educational therapies, tutoring, and more
- Students must be 5 years of age by January 1st of the application to be eligible for the program
There are no income requirements; the only requirements are a birth certificate for your child and proof of a local address! Of course, there is a process to apply and accept funding, but it is nearly guaranteed for every applicant! For more information, go to: https://www.azed.gov/esa
Additional Needs-Based Scholarship Opportunities
Tucson Waldorf School strongly encourages families seeking needs-based tuition assistance to attend a Scholarship Coaching Session through Arizona Tuition Connection and pursue additional funding opportunities through the following School Tuition Organizations that work with Tucson Waldorf School and its families. Please visit websites directly for application deadlines.
- Arizona Leadership Foundation (ALF): 928‐231‐2122 | www.arizonaleader.org
- Institute for Better Education (IBE): 520‐512‐5438 | www.ibescholarships.org
- Arizona School Choice Trust (ASCT): 623‐414‐3429 | Applications closed for 21/22 yr www.asct.org
- Tuition Organization for Private Schools (TOPS): 480‐414‐8677 | www.topsforkids.com
- School Choice Arizona, Inc: 480‐722‐7502 |www.schoolchoicearizona.org
- Arizona Community Foundation | www.azfoundation.org
Click here for a complete list of School Tuition Organizations (STOs) certified to receive contributions for the Arizona Individual Tax Credit Program.