Tucson Waldorf School’s play-based early childhood program provides an environment in which the young child is surrounded by warmth, tenderness, and love. The daily experiences and home-like setting are nurturing, unhurried and predictable, offering your child a sense of security. Each day provides a dependable structure with creative indoor and outdoor playtime, painting, drawing, beeswax modeling, baking and cooking, nature activities and garden play, circle time, wholesome and nutritious snack, storytelling and puppetry time.
Patience and attentive support are provided during transitions such as hand washing, taking shoes off or putting them on, and preparing to go outdoors. Loving attention is given to each child’s development in order to nurture his or her sense of well-being and to support eventual independence. Our early childhood classes and are led by experienced and dedicated Waldorf-trained teachers with the support of an assistant. Three and five-day options are available.
- 8:30 Greeting and inside activities: child-directed play, teacher-led activities, including crafts, painting, drawing, modeling and baking
- 9:45 Clean Up
- 10:00 Circle Time
- 10:15 Handwashing
- 10:20 Snack (provided)
- 10:45 Bathroom, hand and face washing, put shoes/hats on
- 11:00 Outside play including: child-directed play and seasonal gardening, walks, woodwork, games and more
- 12:10 Storytelling by the lead teacher
- 12:30 Early Afternoon Dismissal
- 12:30 Lunch (provided from home)
- 1:00-3:00 Rest (no pick up allowed)
- 3:30 Afternoon pick up time
- 3:30-5:30 Snack and play outside
- 5:30 Final Pick up time