Support Tucson Waldorf School
Tucson Waldorf School welcomes gifts of all types:
Gifts of Cash – Cash gifts are welcome at any time no matter how small or big. You may wish to consider making a monthly pledge, matching funds, or tribute gifts in honor of your donation.
- Tribute Gifts - Gifts made in honor or memory of a student, faculty member, family member, or friend are gratefully accepted and acknowledged at Tucson Waldorf School.
- Matching Funds – Double or even triple your gift. Many companies match gifts to non-profit organizations like the Tucson Waldorf School. Ask your HR department for a form (if they support elementary education) and send it with your gift. For proof of 501(c)(3) status, please contact us at 520-529-1032 or [email protected].
Gifts of cash can be made via cash, check, or credit card by contacting us or securely making your donation, including tributes and monthly pledges, online through paypal.
Host a Facebook Fundraiser
We’d be honored if you would consider hosting a facebook fundraiser for Tucson Waldorf School! Many people choose to do this for family members’ birthdays, holidays and other special occasions. It’s an easy and free way to fund-raise! Here is how you can host a Facebook Fundraiser to support Tucson Waldorf School:
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers.
- Click on the button that says “Select Charity.”
- When you click on the “Select Charity” button, a small window will open; start typing the name Tucson Waldorf Education Association Inc, our legal name for tax purposes. Once you select us, a new window, titled “Let’s start with the basics,” will open.
- Fill in the details on the left hand column of your window below the grey “edit charity” button including, goal amount, end date, custom title, personalized text and photo. Don’t worry, Tucson Waldorf School will receive all donations, even if you don’t meet your goal!
- Select Create!
If you shop at amazon.com, Tucson Waldorf School will receive a percentage of all your purchases when you shop at Amazon Smile and choose Tucson Waldorf Education Association Inc. as your charitable organization, our legal name for tax purposes.
Gift of Time
Tucson Waldorf School is sustained and enriched through gifts and volunteerism by parents, grandparents, alumni, faculty, staff and friends. By volunteering time, our community provides vital support to ensure the school’s ability to continue to enhance and expand our programs which provide the most relevant and inspiring education to children today. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Gifts of services and materials help the school in many ways, including in the classroom and at events like our annual fresh! benefit and auction fundraiser. Donating to our annual auction provides a meaningful channel for raising support for Waldorf education at TWS. We warmly welcome the unique opportunities you can offer. If you would like to make an in-kind gift in support of our school please contact [email protected] for more information.
Gifts of Stock
If you contribute appreciated securities to Tucson Waldorf School, you receive a two-fold income tax benefit: a charitable deduction for the present fair market value and no capital gains tax on the appreciation. To transfer stock to Tucson Waldorf School, please contact (520) 529-1032 or email [email protected] for information.
Gifts for the Future
You can make a difference by helping to support the future growth and success of our school. Options include:
- Endowment Fund – The Board of Trustees recently seeded the Tucson Waldorf School Endowment Fund at the Community Foundation of Southern Arizona. This fund will help secure our future and, once mature, any investment earnings may help fund special projects. Your support of the Tucson Waldorf School Endowment Fund will have a lasting impact on future generations of children.
- Capital Campaign – The long-term vision for Tucson Waldorf School includes the building of new classrooms for the early childhood and grades programs, as well as administration, specialty classrooms, play yards, and a festival hall. We have completed the first two major phases with the purchase of the Riverbend property and the building of our beautiful grades 5-8 classrooms. In addition, we completed our mini summer capital campaign to enhance the South entrance. We’re currently laying the groundwork to launch the next major capital campaign to further develop our master plan. More details can be found on our Capital Campaign webpage.
- Bequests – Remembering Tucson Waldorf School in your will through a charitable bequest reduces the amount of your estate that is subject to estate tax.
- Charitable Trusts – When you create a charitable remainder trust, you guarantee a gift to Tucson Waldorf School in the future. In return, you receive both an annual income from the assets you use to fund the trust and an immediate tax deduction. A charitable lead trust works the opposite way. Tucson Waldorf School receives an annual income stream from the trust assets for a period of time, then the remainder goes to your heirs. Tucson Waldorf School gift year ends June 30, but you may want to contribute by December 31 to take advantage of current year tax benefits.
Tax ID: 86-0729122. Tucson Waldorf School was founded in 1993, is a full member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA), and is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit corporation. All charitable gifts are tax deductible.